I have a Blogger-friend who posts "Tuesday Tidbits" about herself, and I am going to do a spin-off of that and the "25 Things" that is circulating Facebook and the Blogosphere.
So here are 20 Things, on a Tuesday, about Callie Brooks:
1. Callie doesn't really like eating breakfast. She really could probably skip it, go down for her morning nap, then wake up and eat.
2. Whenever we bring Callie to bed with us in the morning (usually just to cuddle and watch some Sesame Street), she HATES for her legs to be under the covers. I always cover her up and she always pops her legs out.
3. She started crawling at exactly 7.5 months.
4. Her nickname is Tootie. This came about because when she was brand new, and sleeping in the Pack 'N Play in our room, she would pass gas so loudly it would wake us up!! We would just lay there and laugh that something so tiny and sweet could fart so loud! So, it was originally Tooter, but evolved into Toot and Tootie. She will hate it when she gets older...
5. Callie has never spent the night away from either of us. We really do need to remedy this! :)
6. Callie was named after Chad's brother (Callie is his middle name) and his great-grandfather. Her middle name, Brooks, comes from my side of the family. Brooks was my great-grandmother's maiden name. My grandmother was named Brooksie, my sister is Brooke. We call her Callie Brooks all of the time.
7. We are pretty sure she will be left handed.
8. She had a Paci as a newborn, for about 6 weeks. She was over it and wouldn't take it anymore. Then at about 8 months, we gave it to her b/c she found one at someones house...and now she is hooked. I admit the mistake of giving it back to her.
9. She loves baths. Always has. She will even tell me when she is ready for one, and goes and gets her washcloth out of her dresser when she is ready. It is so cute, except when I am in the middle of cooking dinner or something.
10. Callie loves to dance, and especially likes The Beastie Boys and Jack Ingram. I am not kidding. Ask Chad. Also, in the car, if the radio is on, and we turn it down to talk or something, she points to it and signs "more, more" for us to turn it back up!!
11. Callie loves bows, will tell me she wants one, and goes back to her room to select one for the day. I never thought MY daughter would be a bow-head!! (I never was!)
12. Callie's Lovey was given to her in the hospital on her first day, and sat on a windowsill in her room for months before she noticed it. Now she has two (thanks Sydney!) that we rotate. It is good to have two in case of emergency!
13. Callie LOVES books. She always has. We read to her for the first time at about 4 weeks old. She has never stopped loving to look at the pictures, point things out, or being read to. I am so glad she loves this, reading is a big part of my life.
14. When Callie was about 3 weeks old, she scratched her nose. She still has the scar.
15. Within about 3 minutes of meeting Callie, I noticed a large purple vein on the back of her right hand. I remember remarking that she was going to hate that vein when she was older. (It's really prominent)
16. Callie was nursed for five months, but not exclusively.
17. Callie didn't get sick until she was 15 months old.
18. She loves to help around the house. She will help with anything, and it is so fun to see her get a kick out of doing so. She and Chad have the task of taking out the recycling and trash, and if she sees Chad doing it without her "help," she gets ticked.
19. Callie only watches Sesame Street. Well, sometimes Curious George. But she only watches PBS shows.
20. Callie is the best thing to happen to us, and we love her so much!!
6 comments:
I always wondered why you called her Tootie and wow, that's HILARIOUS! And not to mention that well, I think toots are funny....I'm all sorts of mature that way. :)
I love this! Great post!!
Maybe I will post twenty things about Callie also...there are so many things to say about my sweet, adorable, smart, and funny grand-daughter!
Cute post!
Oh, and you are more than welcome for the backup lovey. With 4 kids we MORE than understand the importance of the back up!!
This is a great post mom,,,,something to look back on when she is older!
This is so cute, I love your ideas.
Love your blog!
Post a Comment